VITAMINS TO NOURISH YOUR HAIR, NAILS AND SKIN
Glowing skin, healthy hair and strong nails are undeniably every woman's most beautiful adornment, but their health is influenced not only by our food choices, but also by our daily habits and various external factors.
What are the causes of bad skin, damaged nails and hair?
The most common problems are caused by deficiencies of vitamins B, E and A, as well as zinc, sulphur, iron and calcium. It is advisable to have tests and consult your doctor before taking a supplement or vitamin complex for a more effective result.
How to take good care of your skin, hair and nails?
Skin, hair and nails are seriously impaired by strict diets - without enough nutrients, the body devotes resources to maintaining the functions of vital organs, while the skin becomes paler and more rigid and the hair and nails brittle and thin.
If you are planning to go on a diet to improve your health, you should definitely think about replacing the nutrients you will not be consuming at mealtimes. It is a well-thought-out menu that helps to keep skin youthful, toned, radiant, slows down the appearance of wrinkles and ensures shiny and strong hair and nails.
Tips for healthy skin, hair and nails
Healthy diet - you need to include enough protein in your diet – it is what makes collagen, elastin, various amino peptide chains and keratin. These are abundant in meat, fish products and eggs.
Equally important are the various vitamins A, E, C, B7 (biotin) and B9 (folic acid), which are found in significant quantities in vegetables, fruits and berries such as carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, potatoes, blackcurrants, cranberries, blueberries, citrus fruits and others.
Enough water - water is essential for almost all cells in the body and their functions. It provides the nutrients and oxygen that cells need to carry out their metabolism, synthesise the substances they need and eliminate toxins. Without enough fluid, skin, hair and nails also dry out, become brittle and grey.
Rest and sleep - getting enough rest and getting a healthy sleeping pattern are essential not only for the beauty of your skin, hair and nails, but for your overall health. Sleep rejuvenates the body and stimulates various metabolic processes, including in the cells of the skin, hair and nails. While a person sleeps, the cells intensively absorb and use nutrients, producing the collagen, elastin, keratin and other substances they need, as well as getting rid of unnecessary metabolic end-products.
The positive effects of the sun - sun exposure is beneficial for the skin, reducing the symptoms of eczema and improving acne-prone skin by reducing the number of infectious bacteria on it. The heat also improves blood circulation, speeding up the metabolic processes in the hair follicles and nail roots, resulting in faster skin cell renewal and faster hair and nail growth.
Cosmetics and care products - play an important role in the health of skin, hair and nails. It is important not only to cleanse and moisturise your skin, hair and nails, but also to protect and nourish them with essential vitamins and minerals.
Which vitamins are responsible for what?
· If you have dry skin with a tendency to peel - oil-soluble vitamins A and E are recommended, as well as omega fatty acid preparations such as fish oil, evening primrose oil, linseed oil and sea buckthorn oil.
· If your skin is affected by acne and puberty rashes - hormonal fluctuations often lead to acne and rashes during puberty, and zinc and vitamin B are effective remedies.
· If your lips crack and chap - vitamin B and zinc are recommended.
· If hair loss is increased - it is recommended to take vitamin A in addition to your diet. It helps to produce sebum - oil on the scalp, which prevents dryness and split ends, and also prevents hair loss. Vitamin C is also vital for the health of hair, nails and skin, as it keeps blood vessel walls strong and elastic. This improves the nutrition of hair cells and the scalp.
· If your hair is unkempt and brittle - vitamin B7 is an essential dietary supplement for healthy hair. Nowadays, hair care products contain this vitamin, but in addition, supplements containing this vitamin can be taken.
Human skin, hair and nails are often exposed to changes in temperature, environmental pollution, changes in humidity and the chemicals and products in cosmetics. All these factors have a significant impact on our skin, hair and nails. Even with special care and attention, skin can become dry, hair split and nails brittle. To keep them healthy we need vitamins and nutrients that can only be obtained orally.
It should be noted that the beneficial effects of supplements can be felt after about a month. For more visible and lasting results, it is recommended to take supplements and vitamins for 3-6 months.